[OS X TeX] Graphic support in TeXniscope

J. McKenzie Alexander jalex at lse.ac.uk
Sun Nov 27 03:55:53 EST 2005

Does TeXniscope support  viewing embedded postscript graphics in DVI
files?  I was under the impression it did, but for the life of me I
cannot figure out how to make it work.  If I create a simple tex
file, like:

	\documentclass{article}
	\usepackage{graphicx}
	\begin{document}
	\includegraphics{test.eps}
	\end{document}

the graphic doesn't appear at all (and I do have the paths set
correctly under Preferences).

I know a number of work-arounds (such as using pdflatex to generate
PDF natively, or using dvips and gv under X11 to view the
postscript), but neither of these are really suitable for my
purposes.  Using pdflatex isn't feasible because I rely on psfrag
quite heavily.  And the dvips route is less desirable because it
involves an extra processing step and ruins inverse search.

Cheers,

Jason