[OS X TeX] Installation toasted

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sun Oct 2 02:36:53 EDT 2005

On Oct 1, 2005, at 11:01 PM, John Vokey wrote:

> I upgraded to the latest (2005) version of Gerben's packages, and
> now very little works.  AS long as I stay with pdftex, all seems
> fine, but if I attempt TeX + Ghostcsript, or mk4ht, or anything
> else that requires dvi, I get:
>
> This script has been deprecated. Please call
>
>     simpdftex latex --maxpfb fpe.tex
>
> instead.
>
> with no indication in the log as to what made the call.
> (indeed, that is the *entire* log)

Go to TeXShop Preferences... menu, and in the Engine tab, in TeX +
dvips + distiller change altpdftex --maxpfb for

simpdftex tex --maxpfb

and change altpdflatex --maxpfb for

simpdftex latex --maxpfb

Make sure Save Postscript File is not checked.

Gerben Wierda has been given this instructions since the new TeX was
in the Experimental phase.

Best,

Axel