[OS X TeX] Need help reinstalling Lucida fonts

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Oct 5 16:26:51 EDT 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 21:03, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Chris Goedde wrote:
>

>> I figured out the answer eventually, so I'll post it for the
>> archives. The step I missed was to uncomment the two lines that refer
>> to lucidabr.map and lumath.map in the file
>> .../texmf.local/web2c/updmap.cfg. After that, running updmap enables
>> the fonts.
>>
>> Chris
>
> Howdy,
>
> Oh... forgot about that myself! Actually, you should let updmap
> uncomment those lines for you. Run
>
> sudo updmap --enable Map=lucidabr.map
>
> and then
>
> sudo updmap --enable Map=lumath.map
>
> but what you did certainly works. Do
>
> man updmap

WARNING: with TL2005-based systems one should either say:

sudo updmap-sys --etc

or

updmap --etc

The latter is not recommended by me. updmap-sys (like fmtutil-sys and
texconfig-sys) is for the texmf.local tree, the other one is for your
~/Library/texmf tree (and yes it is a pain that Thomas did not decide
to keep the functionality of the existing updmap the same).