[OS X TeX] How to comment out includegraphics?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Oct 26 09:58:31 EDT 2005

Le 25 oct. 05 à 12:36, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> I have finally got my school machine with Miktex, WinEdit etc.
> (Can't say I like it.) The problem I now have is that, for the time
> being at least, it is not worth it to have all the graphics there
> too since I use Intaglio which is Mac only.

In case at your school a Samba server is running (Samba is a
protocol, I think, for sharing files between Linux and Windows), you
could just connect to this server from you Mac, put your files there,
then connect to it from your Windows school machine and use what's
there.

In this way you would only have to make sure, at the end of the day,
that all the files modified on one machine have been copied on the
server.

The advantage of a Samba server is that, from Mac OS X, you can
connect to it from the Finder using Go > Connect To Server (or Cmd-K)
and typing an address of the form smb://[...] where [...] is the
server IP. Once you're connected, the server appears just as another
disk, where you could mirror your whole directory setup using drag-
and-drop.

Only warning: Samba is more stringent on file names than the Finder,
it will refuse to copy files containing ":" "/" and a few other
characters. In that case, it will stop the whole directory transfer
while giving you only a cryptic warning than some file couldn't be
found (or copied, I'm not sure).

Bruno Voisin