[OS X TeX] two-page split equation

Josep M. Font jmfont at inicia.es
Wed Apr 12 03:06:48 EDT 2006

El 12/04/2006, a las 5:09, Alain Schremmer escribió:

> Well, I am quite familiar with the scope of quantifiers in formal
> languages. What bothered me was Companion 2ed acting as if it were
> quite the trivial thing what the "usual rules for scoping" were.

[...]

> This is good to know. Now why couldn't Companion 2ed have this?

I think one should not regard Companion as an *introductory* text on
LaTeX. I have found the same situation often: concerning a certain
topic, it starts at an intermediate level, not from scratch; the most
basic commands are not explained. Reading Lamport's orginal manual
should do no harm, though. I love it.

JMaF