[OS X TeX] two-page split equation

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:48:28 EDT 2006

Josep M. Font wrote:

> I think one should not regard Companion as an *introductory* text on
> LaTeX. I have found the same situation often: concerning a certain
> topic, it starts at an intermediate level, not from scratch;

True, but, at the same, time, it does sometimes indulge in introductory
matters which is misleading. But then of course, this is standard
operation procedure in most mathematics books: in the first three pages,
they explain at length, say, that a relation is a set of ordered pairs,
etc and on the fourth page blissfully embark of, say, the cohomology of
… So, /I/ should not have been "took".

> the most basic commands are not explained. Reading Lamport's orginal
> manual should do no harm, though. I love it.

I will certainly take your advice as I have been wondering if there is
an underlying system to LaTeX or if all these beautiful packages are
essentially ad hoc.

Regards
--schremmer