[OS X TeX] more font-related probs

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Apr 23 15:44:25 EDT 2006

I am a beginer in latex, therefore please excuse my very basic question.
I want to use the Gentium font with TexShop
I saved the document with UTF-8 encoding and this preamble

\documentclass[12pt, oneside]{article}
\pagestyle{plain}
\usepackage[left=30mm,top=25mm,bottom=2cm,right=30mm]{geometry}
\usepackage[german, greek, english]{babel}
\usepackage[marginal]{footmisc}
\usepackage{sectsty}
\usepackage{setspace}
\usepackage[applemac, utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[sort&compress]{natbib}
\bibpunct{(}{)}{,}{a}{:}{,}
\bibliographystyle{plainnat}
\citestyle{}
\begin{document}
\doublespacing
\allsectionsfont{\mdseries\itshape\large}

as far as i understood it, it is sufficient to install  the Gentium
fonts in Mac OS X, and I do not have to add them to my ~/Library/
texmf/fonts/  path?
When I run XeLaTex on the file all Greek letters are not displayed.
Everything else works fine and there is no error report.

Where do I screw up?

TIA,
Alex