[OS X TeX] metapost and mfpic

Bruce Kellogg rbmjk at alltel.net
Mon Aug 7 14:14:15 EDT 2006

I have come to really like metapost and mfpic.
I use it in the following way: my latex file contains
the statements

    \usepackage[metapost]{mfpic}
    \input fig

and the file fig.tex contains the statment

    \opengraphsfile{filename}

I work with colleagues who are not blessed with macintoshs, :-),
and who have some tex software on their PCs that
produces dvi files with little bears in the icons. (I do not remember
the name of the software.) My question: how can we send a paper
back and forth so that it includes the picture that I produce
and so that they can make changes to the equations and words?

A related question: when we submit a paper to a journal, can they
handle the picture; do they know mfpic?

Bruce Kellogg