[OS X TeX] Getting students to use LaTeX (and apa.cls)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 17 20:13:56 EDT 2006

On Aug 17, 2006, at 7:04 PM, Gary L.Gray wrote:

> We do the same. All students who work with us use LaTeX. They pick
> it up pretty quickly when they are immersed in it and we give them
> a very complete setup, along with the entire contents of my ~/
> Library/texmf directory as well as many of the templates we use. We
> also teach a LaTeX course every so often that attracts 25-35
> students every time it is offered. See:
>
> http://www.esm.psu.edu/courses/latex-course/
>
> Regards,
>   Gary

Howdy,

And I couldn't get a single faculty member in science or math
interested in TeX when I offered a credit course for faculty for free
at my community college. This was 15 years ago. Maybe it's better now
that there are packages for most tastes, LaTeX2e is nicer than 2.09
was and we have lovely GUI front ends.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)