additional texmf tree for all users (was Re: [OS X TeX] Beginner help with TeXshop/MacTex needed)

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 12:36:04 EDT 2006

Rowland McDonnell wrote:

>I've had a lot more help from that newsgroup to get me started with
>MacTeX than I've had from this mailing list.
>
>What does that say about this forum, I wonder?  Perhaps my idea that I'm
>being reasonable and I'm getting a lot of really quite unpleasant
>replies is spot on - since comp.text.tex has helped me so readily?

Being a certified ignoramus, may I be allowed to say that I found
somewhat otherwise?

Yes, occasionally, I too have gotten the "supercilious" response (who
hasn't and of course who am I. at least in other realms, to cast the
first stone?) The point is that the way I look at it, everytime I post a
query, I am asking for a favor. So, all right, this may not warrant the
occasional "unsatisfactory" response but then nobody is perfect. And
being on the asking side makes be a bit more patient than I might
otherwise be.

Best regards to all.
--schremmer