[OS X TeX] Why I no longer participate actively on this list.

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Dec 1 02:12:36 EST 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 23:04 , Victor Ivrii wrote:

> 1) I understand that what GW wrote belonged to the private domain

Yes.

> 2) But CG dragged it to public

Indeed

> 3)Which was not very nice

It's not standard netiquette. Not without asking your source first.

> 4) And not very smart
> Since some of the subscribers could agree with GW letter (I did).
> Now CG IMHO joined a very exclusive club  (I suspect that until now
> only RMcD was its member).

I think that goes too far. Claus means well and he has contributed to
developments in a positive way, even if he does not oversee all the
long term consequences and complexities, but that last comment is
also true of me. That is why you have to discuss things, to make sure
you make as few as possible mistakes. He reminds me only a lttle  but
of RMcD because of his insistence that his own views and experiences
are the gold standard.