[OS X TeX] Why I no longer participate actively on this list.

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Fri Dec 1 08:22:19 EST 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On 11/30/06, Claus Gerhardt <gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
>> This afternoon I decided not to participate any longer actively on
>> this list. First, I wanted to do this quietly, but then concluded
>> that a short notice and an explanation might be in order. The
>> explanation is copied below.
>> [...]
>
> Now CG IMHO joined a very exclusive club  (I suspect that until now
> only RMcD was its member).

Whatever one's opinions, the fact is that Claus never lost his cool
in front of this list and his posts have always been argued on pure
technical grounds (whether valid grounds or not is beyond the point --
or my ability to judge). A list such as this ought to be able to
carry such technical discussions in civil terms, and channel its
emotions to other threads, about M$ Word, for example.

Themis