[OS X TeX] Re: Worrying about MS (was Keeping this list healthy)

B. Ludvigsen b at hiof.no
Sat Dec 2 15:11:10 EST 2006

(It being Saturday evening, I am assuming we are allowed some levity
for entertainment. :-)

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:26:12PM -0500, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On 12/2/06, B. Ludvigsen <b at hiof.no> wrote:
> >I have used this standard reply for the last 10 years. It is sent
> >automatically to anyone I know to be under the age of seventy,
>
> It is called "Age discrimination". So in addition to the whitelist and
> blacklist you have a graylist of people who you know are under 70. I
> understand that you update such list daily

Being above 60 myself surely allows me to discriminate by age both up
and down! :-)

> >including the administration of my university.
>
> Administration should be considered as protected species and exempted.
> Administration of my University has documents typed in M$W, printed,
> signed, scanned without OCR into PDF and then sent to faculties :-(

Ours does this too. It's almost approaching a formula for computing
what levels and extent of useless inefficiency administrations will
go to to justify their existence.

> Finally, is your message sent as ASCII, or ... as M$W Attachment? :-)

If anyone would like to contribute a script to add to my .procmailrc,
I would be very grateful.

- Børre