[OS X TeX] assistance with a problem

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Dec 8 12:39:41 EST 2006

Dear all,

Some of the references in my document are working just fine, and some
(I have not been able to discover a pattern yet) do not.

I am using the memoir class.

If I look at the .aux file, some reference get the correct section
numbers assigned, and some (at irregular intervals) get the number of
the last section of my introduction.

In the following line the Roman numeral III. is a wrong reference.

\newlabel{regress2}{{\M at TitleReference {III.}{\versal  {Zur
vorliegenden Ausgabe}}}{33}}

which is followed by the following line:

\newlabel{lat:18}{{\M at TitleReference {21}{\versal  {Zur vorliegenden
Ausgabe}}}{34}}

where 21 is quite correct.

And so the correct lines and the wrong lines are mixed, and I am not
able to discover any pattern as to what screws some of the references
up. And as the document I am formatting has a very complicated
structure with some sectioning commands completely redefined I can
not isolate the problem yet. The fact that all the references get the
title of the last section is suspicious as well but I cannot explain
it, either. Any suggestions as to what influences this
\M at TitleReference or as to where I should look in my document to
isolate the problem will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

SM