[OS X TeX] assistance with a problem

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Dec 8 14:32:49 EST 2006

Some more information to make the issue more clear:
There are two sets of commands that the \ref{} refer two. The one set
occurs in the introduction and are defined like this:

\newcommand{\stufezwei}
{\@startsection{stufezwei}{2}{\z@}
   {2\baselineskip}{\baselineskip}{\raggedright\scshape}}
\newcounter{stufezwei}
\renewcommand{\thestufezwei}{\Roman{stufezwei}.}
%\newcommand{\l at stufezwei}{\@dottedtocline{1}{1.5em}{2cm}}
\newcommand{\stufezweimark}[1]{}

The other set of commands occurs in the body of the text and is
defined like this:
\newcounter{new}
\renewcommand{\thenew}{\arabic{new}}
\newcommand{\new}{\refstepcounter{new}{ \fontencoding{T1}\fontfamily
{mdtj}\fontseries{b}\fontshape{n}\fontsize{9pt}{11.46pt}\selectfont
\thenew\nolinebreak$~$}}

So what happens is, the content of let's say \stufedrei and its
number gets mixed with the value which is the output of \new.

In my example below, III. and Zur vorliegenden Ausgabe come from the
argument of \stufezwei in the document. Number 21 comes from the
counter new as a result of the command \new{} in the body of the
document. However, in the same command, there are still words "Zur
vorliegenden Ausgabe" which come from the last call of \stufedrei{Zur
vorliegenden Ausgabe}

I can not figure out why they get mixed together....

Thanks for any suggestions!

SM