[OS X TeX] preferred tool for presentations

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Mon Dec 11 10:00:46 EST 2006

> If you want to move away from tex-based tools, you may try Keynote.
> You can import latex math very easily by cut-and-paste from a pdf
> file.

I'm surprised no one has recommended this yet.  Keynote is cheap,
exceedingly easy to use, and makes terrific presentations.  Using
TeXShop you can select  an equation from a PDF file and drag it
directly into your presentation (great for preparing a presentation
quickly from an existing paper) or use the excellent little app
LaTeXiT to render LaTeX math code into a little PDF graphic that you
can likewise drag into your presentation:

   http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/math_science/latexit.html

Either way, PDF equations so imported can be dynamically moved and
resized.  Keynote also has a killer presentation mode.

As always, choice of apps is a matter of individual needs and
sensibilities, but for my part, I've not found anything that can
match the Keynote/TeXShop/LaTeXiT combination for preparing
presentations.

Chris Menzel