[OS X TeX] preferred tool for presentations

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Mon Dec 11 09:25:42 EST 2006

> I took a look at beamer. But it seems a mighty package, not for
> make quickly and dirty a presentation in a few hours.

I recommend beamer. As other said, it is not that complicated,
certainly not any more that any capable latex package (revtex,
memoir, etc...). I approached beamer with the same phobia and I was
surprised by the reasonable learning curve. You should be able to
make a quick and nice presentation in a few hours of your first try
if you start with an existing template, as others suggested.

I used prosper briefly but it uses TeX & Ghostript which I found
inconvenient.

If you want to move away from tex-based tools, you may try Keynote.
You can import latex math very easily  by cut-and-paste from a pdf
file.  The downside is that it produces enormous files.

tm