[OS X TeX] xdvipdfmx with xelatex

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Thu Dec 21 17:42:00 EST 2006

On 21-Dec-06, at 5:19 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

>> However, some
>> glyphs, e.g. in mathcal (eucal) symbols in subscripts,
>> are not displayed correctly.
>> Maybe that's a known issue ?
>
> Not known to me, at least. Can you provide a minimal test file that
> demonstrates the issue?

When I compile the file test.tex :

\documentclass[12pt]{amsart}

\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amsthm}
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\usepackage{eucal}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{graphics}

\begin{document}

Let $\mathcal{C}$ be a category and consider the
set of morphisms $hom_{\mathcal{C}} (X,Y)$, for objects $X,Y \in
\mathcal{C}$.

\end{document}

with xelatex, both C's look nice.
When I do
xelatex -no-pdf test.tex
xdvipdfmx -p letter -q -E test.xdv

the first C looks fine, but not the second one.

> If you try the same test with latex + dvipdfmx, do you see the same
> problem?

Same if use latex instead of xelatex.

So I guess this is a xdvipdfmx-issue , independent of XeTeX ?