[OS X TeX] Problems since latest i-installer update

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Dec 26 19:09:53 EST 2006

On 27.12.2006, at 00:01, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> On 27 déc. 06, at 00:51, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Somehow, the combination of \label and \index inside the figure
>> environment causes LaTeX problems. I'm getting stuff like this:
>>
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> \\->\let \reserved at e
>>                      \relax \let \reserved at f \relax \@ifstar {\let
>> \reserved...
>> l.24 \label{fig:si}
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I don't really know where this comes from. I think it is related
>> to hyperref, but I don't really know. Maybe there is a newer
>> version in the TeXLive tree which doesn't like what I do here.
>
> What happens if you replace the ":" in the label by another
> character, such as "-"?
>
> I think I experienced problems once related to this, and this was
> with hyperref IIRC. Because of this, I am now using "-" instead of
> ":" in labels.

This doesn't change anything, unfortunately. And even if it did, I
would still consider it a bug, since this was definitely new
behaviour. As I said, this used to work until yesterday...

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick