[OS X TeX] Update of TeXShop latexmk Engines.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 28 14:16:14 EST 2006

Howdy,

The LatexmkTeXShop.zip distribution of latexmk for TeXShop has been
updated (download from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2/>) to take
care of some (inconsequential) latexmk warnings when using the
latexmk, pdflatexmk and xelatexmk engines.

What was done:

Latexmk tries to use the BIBINPUTS environment variable to search
for .bib files. Since bibtex uses kpsewhich to find the path for .bib
files that environment variable is usually undefined and latexmk
issues a warning that the .bib file isn't found unless it is in same
directory as the .tex file being processed. Bibtex still finds the
file and it all still works but the warning is annoying.

I've added the line

export BIBINPUTS=${BIBINPUTS}:`kpsewhich --show-path=bib`

before the executable line in the the latexmk, pdflatexmk and
xelatexmk engine files in the LatexmkTeXShop distribution for using
latexmk with TeXShop. This appends (just in case BIBINPUTS is
specially defined) the results of the kpsewhich path search for .bib
files to BIBINPUTS.

If anyone sees a problem with this please let me know; it's stable on
my system, which is fairly vanilla. In particular, does it work
properly on a system which already has BIBINPUTS defined?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)