[OS X TeX] Experimental MacTeX Packages

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Dec 30 18:34:02 EST 2006

On Dec 30, 2006, at 20:30 , Douglas Philips wrote:

> Gerben, et. al.,
>
> On 2006 Dec 30, at 5:38 AM, Gerben Wierda, replying to Scott
> Murman, indited:
>> XeTeX is part of TL2006 and thus also of my i-Package and Dick's .pkg
>
> pardon me for being dense, but given that the only thing that will
> be updated post Jan 1, 2007, is the ConTeXt i-Package, correct?

No. I will update my i-Package depending on my personal need. So the
gwTeX i-Package will be updated when I see fit. I like to use the
latest stuff and including bugfixes.

What ends is e-mail support.

> If I were to install the TeXLive from TUG (which I did from the
> experimental download posted a while back to this very list), would
> that include a version of ConTeXt, and further more, would using i-
> Installer to update ConTeXt provide me with a second install or
> would it update the one in TeXLive? (Assuming there is on in
> TeXLive)??

The ConTeXt updater installs in a gwTeX install. I do not think it
installs without ado in a TL install.