[OS X TeX] Experimental MacTeX Packages

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Sun Dec 31 14:37:32 EST 2006

On 2006 Dec 30, at 6:34 PM, Gerben Wierda indited:
> On Dec 30, 2006, at 20:30 , Douglas Philips wrote:
>> pardon me for being dense, but given that the only thing that will
>> be updated post Jan 1, 2007, is the ConTeXt i-Package, correct?
> No. I will update my i-Package depending on my personal need. So
> the gwTeX i-Package will be updated when I see fit. I like to use
> the latest stuff and including bugfixes.
>
> What ends is e-mail support.

Well, and what ends is "our" ability to rely on any updates working
on "not Gerben's system". :-)
Nothing pejorative there, just saying it like it seems to be.
Except for ConTeXt which is automatically processed (and hence any
fixes would not be made by you (Gerben), but by the ConTeXt team,
right?)

> The ConTeXt updater installs in a gwTeX install. I do not think it
> installs without ado in a TL install.

Ah, OK. Thanks, that is good to know, I hadn't been sure how that was
to play out.

	--Doug