[OS X TeX] Fixed epstopdf, which handles %%BoundingBox: (atend) OK.

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sat Feb 4 00:58:41 EST 2006

On Feb 3, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 03.02.2006 um 15:58 schrieb George Gratzer:
>
>> I tried it. Made the replacement. Now TeXShop is unable to typeset
>> a document with an eps file.
>>
>> I create my eps files with illustrator (CS1).
>
> I still had in Mail the EPS file from Themis Matsoukas. TeXShop
> 2.09 on Tiger 10.4.4. can easily convert the file with new epstopdf
> (TeXShop 1.43, of course, has no problem, too). I dragged the file
> from Finder on the TeXShop icon in Dock.

I don't think TeXShop uses epstopdf to convert an .eps file when you
drag it to its icon, but Ghostscript or Apple Distiller (whatever is
in its Preferences). I think epstopdf (the program) is used only when
you typeset a document that has \usepackage{epstopdf} (the .sty file).

Anyway, I know epstopdf (2.9.5gw, 2006/01/29) is working OK because I
have typeset documents that previously came out wrong with
Photoshop .eps files.

Best,

Axel