[OS X TeX] Calculate with LaTeX and fp.sty

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Mon Feb 6 08:03:43 EST 2006

Le 5 févr. 06 à 21:58, Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :

> Morning.
>
> I've spent the whole weekend but did not find a solution.
>
> Does somebody of you have an idea, how to calculate the following
> example including the hidden part in which the result of the
> previous calculation should be processed?

Why not use \sum? The problem is that macros do not have a result per
se. \RVGInkasso onl typesets/prints the result (the contents of sum).
One way would be to have temporary macos containing the results. Say
\resultRVGInkasso etc. Your code could become:

===== 8>< =====
\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{fp}
\usepackage{numprint}
%
\newcommand{\rtink}[1]{%
     \def\Inkasso{#1}
     \def\RVGInkasso{%
         \FPiflt{#1}{2500.01}
             \FPset{\sum}{#1}%
             \FPmul{\sum}{\sum}{.01}%
             \FPround{\sum}{\sum}{2}%
             \numprint{\sum}%
         \else%
         \FPiflt{#1}{10000.01}
             \FPset{\sum}{#1}%
             \FPsub{\sum}{\sum}{2500.00}%
             \FPmul{\sum}{\sum}{.005}%
             \FPadd{\sum}{\sum}{25.00}%
             \FPround{\sum}{\sum}{2}%
             \numprint{\sum}%
         \else%
         \FPifgt{#1}{10000.009}
             \FPset{\sum}{#1}%
             \FPsub{\sum}{\sum}{10000.00}%
             \FPmul{\sum}{\sum}{.0025}%
             \FPadd{\sum}{\sum}{62.50}%
             \FPround{\sum}{\sum}{2}%
             \numprint{\sum}%
         \fi
	\FPset{\resultRVGInkasso}{\sum}%
     }%
}%
\def\jav{1234}
\def\rtrvg{%
    \RVGInkasso
    \FPset{\sum}{\resultRVGInkasso}%
    \FPadd{\sum}{\sum}{\jav}%
    \FPround{\sum}{\sum}{2}%
    \numprint{\sum} % not \rtvg, otherwise endless loop!
}%
\begin{document}
\rtink{4000}
\Inkasso\\
\RVGInkasso\\
\rtrvg
\end{document}
====== ><8 =====

By the way, why repeat \numprint three times in \RVGInkasso?, why not
factor it out of the \if ... \fi? One could have also a non-\numprint
version of your macro, coupled with a version that ose the \numprint.
That would look like

\def\RVGInkasso{%
% the previous code without the \numprints
}
\def\typeRVGInkasso{%
   \RVGIkasso
   \numprint{\resultRVGInkasso}%