[OS X TeX] scripted lower case letters

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 8 05:35:18 EST 2006

Le 8 févr. 06 à 11:14, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> The original ZapfChancery-MediumItalic is pzcmi, the urw++ clone
> uzcmi. I don't think that the first comes with standard LaTeX since
> it's a third party commercial font. All you have are TFM and VF
> files (maybe AFM too). uzcmi is complete, including the font file
> uzcmi8a.pfb. Tex4ht supports pzcmi too, of course. There are also
> the quasi fonts, qzcmi ...

I don't understand your concern regarding the Adobe vs. URW versions
of Zapf Chancery: on my setup, /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/
map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map contains

pzcmi8r URWChanceryL-MediItal "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc
<uzcmi8a.pfb

which means the URW clone, included in Gerben's distribution of TeX,
is used. I suspect this to be the default; if it's not, then that
might be connected with the choice I made, when installing the TeX i-
Package, of the inclusion of all fonts in the PDF output of TeX.

To modify this option afterwards, in case inclusion wasn't selected:
in Terminal, run

	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35 true
	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14 true
	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipdfmDownloadBase14 true