[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X TeX]

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sat Feb 11 14:57:25 EST 2006

At 2:18 PM -0500 2/11/06, Sebastien Durand wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am quite puzzle here!
>
>I trying to add a pagenumber on the top right hand corner of the
>first page of my bibliography of my thesis and I am not able to do
>it.

The easiest way to do this is to use the fancyhdr package.  I've
added basic commands with comments to your sample file; you should
check the fancyhdr documentation for more detailed information, but
what I give below should do what you want.

Alan

\documentclass[12pt, oneside, letterpaper, francais]{book}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc} %support pour mon clavier
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[french, english]{babel}
\usepackage{fancyhdr} %package declaration
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\usepackage{amsthm}
\usepackage[round, sort&compress]{natbib}

\lhead{} %sets properties of the left edge of header
\chead{} %sets properties of the center of the header
\rhead{\thepage} %sets properties of right edge of header (in this
case the page number)
\lfoot{} %same for the footer
\cfoot{}
\rfoot{}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt} %these commands remove the rule from header
\renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0pt}
\pagestyle{fancy} %declares pages to have the fancy style

\begin{document}
\cite{Durand:2005}
\cite{Durand:2002}
\cite{Durand:2005a}
\bibliographystyle{plainnat}
\bibliography{toto}
\thispagestyle{fancy} % declares the first page of the bibliography
to have the fancy style
\end{document}

--
Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu