[OS X TeX] configuration

McGarry Vince vmcgarry at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 12 11:52:11 EST 2006

Hi all,

When attempting to configure TeX a dialogue box shows up that says
that there is a personal users configuration file with no other
option other than to proceed. There is nothing in my personal tree, ~/
Library/texmf/ except one shell script in ~/Library/texmf/bin. The
configuration files appear to be in var/root/Library/texmf---
inaccessible to me (unless someone will show me the way). It is my
understanding that this (these) file(s) shouldn't be there---am I
mistaken? This seems to lead to another problem with updmap which may
go away if I can find this configuration file, but if it doesn't,
I'll be back with more questions

Vince