[OS X TeX] Askinclude

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:08:46 EST 2006

I am not sure what to do with the following:

Add askinclude.sty and the line

    \usepackage{askinclude}

in the preamble of some file that outputs n pages with included files.
All works as advertised.
Now, comment out the line

    \usepackage{askinclude}

and typeset. The console says:

    (./v2.aux
    ! Undefined control sequence.
    l.2 \@includeonly
                     {*}
    ?

The first few times this happened, I obediently gave up.
Recently, though, I hit return twice and:

You get an extra, blank with the exception of the page number 1 and an
asterisk, followed by the same number of pages n as before.
Typeset again.
Now all is well and as it should be for ever after.

So, it is absolutely no bother to me now that I know how to get out of
it and the question is only whether I should just forget about it or if
I should bother someone, say Pablo A. Straub who has the copyright on
askinclude.sty, with such a minor item?

Regards
--schremmer