[OS X TeX] utf8 / texlive

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Feb 16 08:12:35 EST 2006

Am 16.02.2006 um 10:31 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> Do you know some examples to illustrate the next sentence?
>
> "TEX may output partial  character sequences when
>  showing error contexts"

Take this sentence, substitute T, E, and X with Greek characters and
put between the two spaces between partial and character a $ or
something similarly incorrect -- hopefully TeX will output the
sentence as cause for the error and might fail to correctly output
the Greek characters. Besides, there is the obvious problem how this
output will be handled and presented by the utility that receives the
output. (I have in GNU Emacs with AUCTeX the problem that ISO Latin-9/
ISO 8859-15 characters are displayed in a log buffer that uses
UTF-8 ...)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either."
         James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959