[OS X TeX] Elusive (for me) problem with TeX i-Package configure on Intel

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Feb 21 01:49:04 EST 2006

On 21 Feb 2006, at 01:11, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> I finally got around to installing and configuring my new Intel
>> iMac. I did not do a complete clean install of all the i-Packages,
>> instead I copied my /usr/local tree over from another machine) and
>> I did not see any problem with running the TeX i-Package
>> configure. Nothing hung. The LM fonts were converted without
>> problems.
>>
>> So, I am looking for a volunteer who experiences the hanging TeX
>> configure on Intel with Latin Modern GUI onversion to help me
>> identify the problem.
>
> Gerben,
>
> When I had the problem (the machine is gone now), I was installing
> a fresh machine -- I didn't move anything over. Why not do the same
> and see if you experience the problem I saw and Dick saw?

For the main reason taht it is also my intel developer machine and
using it fresh for testing would take a lot of time. Hence, this is
for me now the fastest. If it does not work, I'll have to resort to
using my developer machine as fresh install machine. And there are
other reasons having to do with what I think are possible reasons
which would mean I will not be able to reproduce here even if I do a
fresh install.