[OS X TeX] Font in TeXShop

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:22:30 EST 2006

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 22.02.2006 um 05:27 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> I i-installed TeXShop a year or so ago. I have now some 300 pages
>> written. But what is the font that they are written with? I don't
>> really care other than being able to match it with a Mac font that I
>> could use in the Intaglio-pdf graphics. Times New Roman isn't really
>> a bad match and I was just wondering if there might be a better one.
>
> The fonts used on these pages come from definitions inside TeX, or
> LaTeX. You can find out which are used by looking into the LOG files.
> The (La)TeX sources can give pointers when you check which packages
> are loaded. If you already have or can convert them to PDF you have
> Adobe's Acrobat or Reader products to look-up the fonts used.

 From what I could understand of the Log, the following seems most relevant:

    LaTeX Font Info: Redeclaring font encoding OML on input line 567.
    LaTeX Font Info: Redeclaring font encoding OMS on input line 568.

On 22 Feb 2006, at 4:40 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:

    With the psnfss package /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/
    psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf, you are able to use the Times fonts (slightly
    different from Times New Roman, but that won't really matter for
    most people). Try putting in your list of packages:

    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
    \usepackage{textcomp}
    \usepackage{mathptmx}
    \usepackage[scale=.92]{helvet}