[OS X TeX] path name

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 13:22:13 EST 2006

Morning.

Am 16.01.2006 um 15.22 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> When I invoke in some shell:
>
> 	echo "Dies & das" | sed -e 's/&/\\&/g' | awk -F'\n' '{print $1}'
>
> I get
>
> 	Dies \& das
>
> Here I change with sed any occurence (that's the final g in sed's
> expression) of & to \&, and for awk I make the newline the valid
> field separator, so that "Dies \& das \& noch etwas mehr" are *one*
> field, as you already know.
>
> Applying this on your examples, assuming your working directory is
> Pröctür & Gämbeł, it might work with:
>
> 	\immediate\write18{pwd | sed -e 's/&/\\&/g' | iconv -f UTF-8-MAC -
> t MacRoman ...

I have to save a file on a file server

     volumes/SERVER$/...

Caused by the Dollar sign the path name can not be written in the
document. I think that the $ sign invokes the math mode and that
occures a failure. How can I encapsulate the $ as like as the &, so
that *both* signs can be contained in a path?

TIA and kind regards. Friedrich

--
Wir sind Papst!
Du bist Deutschland.