[OS X TeX] TeX.mdimporter

Norm Gall gall at spookyhill.net
Tue Jan 3 11:28:31 EST 2006

On 3-Jan-06, at 7:55 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2006, at 05:44, Jan Hegewald wrote:
>
>> I tried to send the following message to Norm Gall
>> (gall at spookyhill.net) privately but always got an auto reply, so I
>> guess he did not receive it. As I wanted to ask about
>> TeX.mdimporter and umlaut support which might interesting for the
>> list anyway, here is my original email:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I just installed your TeX.mdimporter and I want to thank you for
>> such a useful importer!
>> I wonder if it would be possible to let TeX.mdimporter recognize
>> umlauts properly? If I e.g. search for 'Wellenhöhenänderung' the
>> corresponding pdf is found, but not the tex document. Is there
>> something you (or I) can do to improve this?
>
> If your umlauts are input directly as ü, it should work (depending
> on how TeX.mdimporter guesses your file's encoding; I haven't seen
> the source).  If you use \"u, it won't work; it's something that
> could be implemented, but would be too inefficient for use in an
> mdimporter.

Adam is right. TeX.mdimporter finds "Wellenhöhenänderung" in a .tex
file fine when it is input "Wellenhöhenänderung". I start guessing
encoding with UTF-8, then ISO Latin-1. It picks up everything I use
here.

HTH,
ng

--
Faith: Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without
knowledge, of things without parallel.