[OS X TeX] TeX.mdimporter

Jan Hegewald rurapente at gmx.de
Tue Jan 3 13:05:21 EST 2006

Hello,

Am 03.01.2006 um 17:28 schrieb Norm Gall:

>> If your umlauts are input directly as ü, it should work

they are directly entered, TeXShop can find "Wellenhöhenänderung"
within the tex file.

>> (depending on how TeX.mdimporter guesses your file's encoding; I
>> haven't seen the source).  If you use \"u, it won't work;

Sure (-;

>> it's something that could be implemented, but would be too
>> inefficient for use in an mdimporter.
>
> Adam is right. TeX.mdimporter finds "Wellenhöhenänderung" in a .tex
> file fine when it is input "Wellenhöhenänderung".

No, here it is not working.

> I start guessing encoding with UTF-8, then ISO Latin-1. It picks up
> everything I use here.

I converted the tex file from MacOSRoman to ISO Latin-1 with Xcode,
but nothing changed. Then I tried UTF-8 and this did work. Converting
back to ISO Latin-1 did also work this time. I am puzzled.
Many thanks.

Cheers,
--Jan--