[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.07

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Tue Jan 10 19:03:25 EST 2006

Am 10.01.2006 um 23:16 schrieb Claus Gerhardt:

> I don't see the virtue of localized versions for a tex related
> program, since most, if not all, tex users are sufficiently fluent
> in English.

I don't agree here:
LaTeX on MacOS X with TeXShop and i-Installer is a tool that probably
is not only used by scientists who are fluent in English, but can be
(and definitely is) used by "normal" users. And also many of the
scientists will prefer a good localized version -- after all they are
using MacOS X, and want easy-to-use applications. That is not only a
question of "being able to understand every command" but "working in
an environment that looks like every other application".

Best,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41