[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.07

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 19:55:25 EST 2006

Le 11 janv. 06 à 01:03, Matthias Damm a écrit :

> Am 10.01.2006 um 23:16 schrieb Claus Gerhardt:
>
>> I don't see the virtue of localized versions for a tex related
>> program, since most, if not all, tex users are sufficiently fluent
>> in English.
>
> I don't agree here:
> LaTeX on MacOS X with TeXShop and i-Installer is a tool that
> probably is not only used by scientists who are fluent in English,
> but can be (and definitely is) used by "normal" users. And also
> many of the scientists will prefer a good localized version --
> after all they are using MacOS X, and want easy-to-use
> applications. That is not only a question of "being able to
> understand every command" but "working in an environment that looks
> like every other application".

Yes, if you look at the XeTeX mailing list you'll see that many users
of this variant of TeX are linguists or scholars in the humanities.
Hence the assumption (which I also tend to do at times) that TeX
users are mostly hard scientists reading and writing English-speaking
literature is in error there.