[OS X TeX] Re: Suggestions about input encoding - utf-8, latin1, latin9??

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Thu Jan 26 15:32:19 EST 2006

Piet van Oostrum said the following on 13.1.2006 14:07 Uhr:
> Please not that [utf-8] is different from [utf8], but neither loads
> ucs.sty. It is [utf8x] that loads it. But this isn't part of every TeX
> distribution.

I just had a look into the current documentation of inputenc (v1.0d
2004/02/05), which is the same version as the .sty I have on my system.
I was not able to find any mention of unicode support.

Could you please point out the highlights of the different options utf8
and utf-8 (utf8x loads ucs, as we all know ;-)).

Which should I use, if TeXShop is set to use UTF-8 Unicode?

Thanks for the Info

Bastian