[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jul 9 11:10:14 EDT 2006

Am 09.07.2006 um 12:35 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> In the afternoon I'll try some other variations.

One error during configure has gone away:

	checking the maximum length of command line arguments... expr:
syntax error

got cured to

	checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 65536

This certain value made the syntax error in libtool go away. Readline
seems to be a substitute if configure cannot find a modern version of
ncurses. So it's IMO OK when it does not get used.

Provided Jonathan Kew did neither see the "expr: syntax error" nor
those from libtool the Xindy he provided last evening should work
fine, although I think that version might have also this 7-bit file
names issue. I'll look into this later tonight.

I am a Fink user and I invoked Xindy's configure this way (bearing in
mind that Mac OS X's /bin/sh has been found faulty; because of the
expr error above?):

	env CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash CFLAGS="" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -
I/usr/X11R6/include -I/sw/include" CXXFLAGS="" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/
lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/sw/lib" ./configure

(Although C++ and Fortran compilers are searched for, they are
obviously not used, their tests seem to be just time consuming
default work configure has to perform.) A DarwinPorts user should
substitute /sw/include with /opt/include and /sw/lib with /opt/lib.
Or such ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"One person with a belief is a social power equal to ninety-nine who
have only interests."
                                                  - John Stuart Mill