[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Mon Jul 10 07:24:38 EDT 2006

>MS> ?? I don't get it: the steps I described, using the archive I pointed
>MS> to is _all_ I need to successfully build and install xindy. Now, I
>MS> must admit that haven't actually _used_ xindy (other than "xindy --
>MS> help"), but the troubles described here are from way before that stage
>MS> anyway.

>MS> AFAIK, the link in my package is _all_ you need, but I may have
>MS> installed something before (altough clisp is not in my path, perhaps
>MS> someone else can hit me with a clue bat).

I also did the install according to your recipe. It mostly succeeded, only
making the doc caused an error because of a missing font.

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/source/public/cyrillic/lgrusu.mf
>> cmchar
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                   "The Russian letter A"
l.32 cmchar "The Russian letter A"
                                  ;
! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                   "The Russian letter A"
l.32 cmchar "The Russian letter A"
                                  ;
>> lower_case
! Undefined condition will be treated as `false'.
<to be read again>
                   :
l.34 if lower_case:
                    charcode:=CYR_a; fi
>> letter_Cyr_A
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                   ;
l.40 letter_Cyr_A;

[12223 error lines deleted]

But doing a make -k afterwards completed it.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>