[OS X TeX] Installing RTF2LaTeX2e

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 16:23:36 EDT 2006

> The distribution contains a file named "rtflatex2e.bin". Why not take
> advantage of it ? Where should I put it ? Or, how can I make a alias
> pointing to it, and where should I put the alias ?

Actually this would be EXACTLY the result of the successful compilation.
There also should be a link to it: /usr/local/bin/

If this link exists, use it at command line:
% rtf2latex2e

Otherwise,
%cd /usr/local/bin
% sudo ln -s rtf2latex2e  /usr/local/rtf2latex2e/rtf2latex2e.bin
and enter admin password

Use it when open new terminal window

> However, the Mac (OS9) Installation instructions say that the "pref"
> folder has to be in the same folder as the rtf2latex2e application.
> Is this still true for MacOSX/Unix?

but read README in /usr/local/rtf2latex2e/

The "pref" folder has to be in the same folder as the rtf2latex2e application.
which could be a problem since if different users want to use
different preferences they
should have their own copies of the executable