[OS X TeX] Re: Xindy?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 19 02:49:18 EDT 2006

On 19-jul-2006, at 1:08, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 18.07.2006 um 03:37 schrieb Joachim Schrod:
>
>> Maybe one needs to check if the same problem is still there with
>> CLISP 2.38
>
> What is the sense of libsigsegv? Isn't this completely unnecessary
> with a PowerPC processor?
>
> Maximum length of command line arguments is found to be 196608.
>
> Libsigsegv's configure finds only 65536 ... (does not compile
> because sigsegv.h is included before mach/thread_status.h was
> included in handler-macos.c, dispatcher.c, version.c, dito for the
> test sources -- or sigsegv.h would need to include a bunch of mach
> related header files, mailed to Bruno Haible)
>

> The configuration of CLISP 2.38 went fine. So did make. But 'make
> check' failed:
>
> 	*** - READ von #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER #P"ffi.tst"
> @512>: Ein
> 	      Character mit Namen "ø" gibt es nicht.
>
> It happened twice, of course. (The German is bad. „Charakter“ is
> correctly spelled, but „Zeichen“ is meant.)

Yesterday I compiled clisp 2.39 (on PPC). it checked without any
errors. I installed libsigsegv, and readline. gettext didn't pass the
check, so I skipped that. After that clispt 2.39 compiled and checked
without errors.

I downloaded the xindy sources from cvs, but compiling them requires
yet more software (imake, and possibly more developer tools). I don't
have enough time right now, but if someone brings the sources to a
point where it is a download and I can just compile (i.e. skip making
the make files, and just use the standard developer tools on Mac OS
X), then I might be able to try it. Otehrwise, wait for a good month,
and I'll try it then.

Maarten