[OS X TeX] crashing

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Jul 21 14:06:18 EDT 2006

On Jul 21, 2006, at 1:49 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> Interesting, it seems to go up about a 1 MB per typesetting.

Seems to vary by the job.

w/ a minimal document:

\documentclass{minimal}
\begin{document}
$6 \times 9$
\end{document}

I see it go up by ~.05MB per typesetting for that.

Another job (that journal I've been working on) gains ~10MB per
typesetting run.

> So I should quit before it is too high? What is too high?

Yes to the first (I don't get to work in TeX for extended periods of
time which is probably why my crash rate is so low). Probably ``too
high'' is some value relative to available memory --- what that
relation would be is a good question.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.