[OS X TeX] How to use cmr-super ?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 15 08:23:12 EDT 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 7:12 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> I installed the files with I-installer and I-installer says install
> and « configure ».
>  I-installer must configure in theory but It configures what?
>  why i've a web2c in my texmf directory ? where is the mistake ?
>

> Greetings
>
> Alain Matthes

Howdy,

The non-sys versions of fmtutil(-sys) and updmap(-sys) commands will
build in ~/Library/texmf/ (web2c or fonts/maps/...); they are meant
to be used for personal configurations as opposed to system (all
user) configuration which is done using the -sys versions of the
commands and builds in the texmf.local branch. The problem is that
unless you realize what you did later most changes at the texmf.local
level will not get picked up since the files will be found in your
personal branch before the ones in the texmf.local branch of the TeX
tree.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)