[OS X TeX] SVG to LaTeX?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:45:07 EDT 2006

William Adams wrote:

>On Jun 23, 2006, at 11:24 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>>With my current use of \includegraphics{pdf}, I am slowly
>>generating a huge double collection of files (SVG and pdf) which,
>>for several reasons, will be rather cumbersome when uploading.
>>
>>Is there a way to convert the SVG pictures into something that I
>>could then incorporate in the LaTeX source to get one single file?
>>

>Have you found this?
>
>http://me.in-berlin.de/~darwin/svg/svg2pdf.html
>
>should be able to set things up so that an svg is transparently
>converted to a .pdf at need using svglib

Well, once again, I was not clear.

What you mention is not what I am looking for because I already Save in
Intaglio/SVG and also Save A Copy in cropped pdf which is what gets
included with \includegraphics{pdf}.

But if I were to send you the book for you to edit, I would have to send
you:

    - the LaTeX source
    - plus all the pdf that are included so you can typeset it
    - plus all the SVG so you can edit the graphics.

That is why I said it would be rather cumbersome.

So, my question, triggered by the  threads  "Should I install X11" and
"making pictures", is whether there is a way automatically to convert
SVG graphics into code that could then be inserted into the LaTeX source
which would then result in a single source file that you would then be
able both to print and edit.

Best regards
--schremmer