[OS X TeX] SVG to LaTeX?

Joanna Rycko rycko at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Jun 25 07:02:29 EDT 2006

Hello,

On 2006-06-23, at 20:45, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> So, my question, triggered by the  threads  "Should I install X11"
> and "making pictures", is whether there is a way automatically to
> convert SVG graphics into code that could then be inserted into the
> LaTeX source which would then result in a single source file that
> you would then be able both to print and edit.

Maybe it is not the best solution, but you could try to write a small
makefile, which would convert your graphic files (if those files
aren't up to date already) using some command line programms (such as
imagemagic or svg2pdf) and after that, make will compile your
document. I think it's the easiest way, if there is no way to do it
automatically from TeX.

Good luck,

Joanna