[OS X TeX] can't write on log file error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jun 23 17:58:14 EDT 2006

Am 23.06.2006 um 23:06 schrieb Jeffrey Roland:

> I'm trying to use TeXShop on a newly created user account on my G4
> Powerbook running 10.4.6, and I'm having a problem.  Every time I
> try to typeset a LaTeX document imported from another user account
> I get a message that says "I can't write on the file 'xxx.log',"
> where 'xxx' is the document name.  This happens even if I cut and
> paste the content of an imported document into a new document.  If
> I start with a document created entirely in the new user account,
> typesetting goes off without a hitch.

Can you give us the path names of the TeX files you mention and the
new user's name? You can drag the icon from TeXShop's window onto
Terminal and it gets "converted" into the path name, which you then
can copy into Mail.

I cannot understand whether the new user is trying to run TeX on an
elder user's file, which should definitely fail, or something
different is happening. "Imported" can have a few meanings, a path
name only one.

--
Greetings

   Pete