[OS X TeX] Recent Update and XeLaTeX

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jun 24 16:15:12 EDT 2006

On Jun 24, 2006, at 12:57 , McGarry Vince wrote:

> Thanks, Peter and Justin. I found a line in ~/.cshrc, the only one,
> still looking for /sw/bin/init.csh. Does XeLaTeX look at ~/.cshrc
> each time I compiles a document? Better yet, does it look at the
> sequence of login/rc files each time I compile a document---the
> files listed in man tcsh? Is it looking for PATH info and/or
> something else?

If you removed Fink, you probably removed "/sw".

I don't know a thing about XeLaTeX.  The only programs that should
look at ~/.cshrc are tcsh and csh.

It is possible that some of the commands in this distribution are
shell scripts.  These scripts may directly or indirectly read and act
on the shell startup files.  Such scripts are generally not looking
for specific things, but are attempting to set up a run-time
environment as you have specified in these files.

I hope that is clear.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income