[OS X TeX] SVG to LaTeX?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 07:00:03 EDT 2006

Alan Litchfield wrote:

>Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>>My question: since Circle.svg is vector graphics and therefore already a
>>few line of code in some language, is there a way to translate these few
>>lines of code (i.e. the svg code that specifies a "red circle with
>>radius R and center (x_0, y_0)") into the above LaTeX code.
>>

>Yeah, look at one of the many drawing tools that produce output in LaTeX and
>use those instead of Intaglio. I have suggested jPicEdt (which is java)

This is an impressive beast but installing on OS X is barely mentioned.
So, until they do, not for me. Now if i-installer were … (By the way,
the History doesn't mention anything later than 2002.) Another issue is
that I already have probably a couple of hundred vector graphics so
that, given

>As for converting from SVG to LaTeX, there seem a number of tools for
>converting to SVG but no the other way around. Maybe it is too new as a format
>to have any such thing at the moment. There appears to be a need to convert
>legacy data to SVG, but not the other way.

but I am now going to look at Moore's post.

Still, the current outlook seems bleak, at least for me and I am afraid
this was another one of my bright ideas so, I am going to resume working
on the magnum opus and, at least for the time being, leave the issue of
coping with downloading all these graphics along with the LaTeX text to
whomever.

Grateful regards
--schremmer