[OS X TeX] SVG to LaTeX?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:08:33 EDT 2006

Ross Moore wrote:

> In the preamble:
>
>   \begin{filecontents*}{mypicture.svg}
>    ... SVG coding for a picture ...
>   \end{filecontents*}
>
> In the document body:
>
>  \begin{figure}
>  \centering
>   \immediate\write18{svg2pdf mypicture.svg  mypicture.pdf}%
>   \includegraphics{mypicture.pdf}
>   \caption{...}\label{...}
>  \end{figure}

I just did that but it didn't work. Specifically:

    1) I created a file TestForSVG.tex in a folder called TestFor SVG
    with my usual preamble and with just "TESTING" in the document body
    and typeset it.

    2) I drew a rectangle in Intaglio and saved it as mypicture.svg in
    the TestForSVG folder.

    3) In the preamble of TestForSVG.tex I inserted

        \begin{filecontents*}{mypicture.svg}
           ... SVG coding for a picture ...
        \end{filecontents*}

    4) I opened mypicture.svg with TeXShop which gave me:

        þÿ