[OS X TeX] increased memory allocation

Miriam Belmaker belmaker at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 4 12:55:25 EST 2006

Hi,

I can run the pdflatex with no problem and then when I try to bibtex
the aux file , I see nothing (this happens when I run it indivually
or using the Macro in TexShop).... I can then open the bbl file which
has the bibliography up to the c's about 80 refs of 416.. without the
\end {bibliography}. If I rerun pdflatex I get the file with all ?
instead of the ref (after the c's ofcourse).. As I mentioned before,
it ran fine on FINK, so there is no problem in my bib file (I also
tried this on my computer on a copy with no accents etc.. and it
still wouldn't work).. If I break up my file into smaller files.. it
will compile the small files up to 80 kb.. it is not a single c ref
because I can rearrange the smaller parts and it will always compile
the first two.

The log does not recognize any of the uncompiled refs.. is there any
thing specific to look for in the log that may help?
When I entered  usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf  to edit
and recreate the formats as i was suggested  it requested permission
(???).

Miriam